a space for e

Friday, September 06, 2013

Hot Spring

Where in our life do we find magic? I explain this as the act of creation we do each day but there are times that I've come across events that are true representations of a communion with fundamental forces. I recently moved to Denver from Virginia/DC I arrived here greeted by my best friend and new roommate, the first day here went swimmingly and fun, much cavorting was done. My friend Scott presented a great introduction to my new home. A day later I found that my friend Sarah would be arriving into town from DC on a nation wide tour to raise awareness about genetically modified organisms we are eating. Coincidence is one thing but I took her arrival to Denver nearly at the same time as me as a particularly good omen. I see all my friends as being gifted with parts of the universe and among them Sarah is gifted with the power of creation. She builds her world around her seemingly bending it to her will, that is not among my gifts so I am in awe of her power. We got in contact and made plans to meet at a hot spring resort half an hour outside Denver in the town of Idaho Springs. I texted her and she called me, in her tone I could understand that there was only a thin amount of time she could share with me. When I arrived to the small resort I located her and three of her friends in one of the hot spring baths, they were all nude and I became so. We lounged and gabbed, touched base and told stories. It was relaxing and bawdy.
All of us are not hedonistic but often indulgent, I would not be surprised if more than one person present had not at one time participated in an orgy of some kind. What happened at the climax of our time in the hot spring was not an orgy, it was expressly not sexual or even erotic. It begun as back rubs and massages, laughter and conversation. Nude bodies occupying a warm bath of natural hot springs. The amplitude rose as each person took care of another simply applying hands to tired muscles and enjoying the heat. The waves of our experience synchronized at a certain moment and before me there was a scene I accept as magic. Five adults naked, three men and two women. One woman became the center and she rose laying back on the water supported by the others as they massaged her and each other no more talking and no more division. She is beautiful and in another context her wet naked form would elicit base hunger but the moment was beyond sexuality which is often thought to be base and basic, a facet of fecundity and life. The moment went deeper it touched on the infinite joy of being alive, of heat and buoyancy before bodies became objects of desire and they were simply vessels for energy.

The moment ended as naturally as it had come into being and we separated. The conversation became about the upcoming day and the pool that the resort offered, about our trek to the next place. I try to recognize fragments of that type of energy each day but it is entirely fulfilling when such moments crystallize. 

No comments: